Thursday 15 May 2014

Byebye Stylist: My Top 5 Beauty Picks

So I'm back. Again. How many times have I written that? TOO many is the answer. But no more. From now on, I'll be blogging regularly. I promise.

It's been a whirlwind six months being the Stylist beauty intern. Six months of product-oggling, dream-living and well, some hard work too. And it's been amazing. If I went through all of the brilliant experiences I'd had, we'd be here a long time but I can squeeze in a few highlights... covering LFW shows and contributing to the Stylist online blog, compiling regular pages as well as getting to do my first ever feature (it's the parting's one in this week's magazine, go read it), seeing BEYONCE, a trip to the heavenly Babbington House...I could go on. I couldn't have asked for a more fun, valuable and fulfilling experience. THANK YOU ALL.

Anyway, before I get all sentimental on you, let's talk about what people are really interested in. THE BEAUTY PRODUCTS. Honestly, it's Christmas everyday there but it never gets old. I've got lots more posts planned now that I've solemnly sworn to blog regularly (and you are all my witnesses) but here's my top five finds during my time at Stylist to get started!

This, quite simply, is probably the best thing you'll ever smell. What about freshly baked cakes, christmas trees and petrol fumes? You ask (not the petrol? just me then). I hear you, but this is definitely one of the best, trust me. With the name being a bit of a give away, this fragrance is based around fig and is even better once it's given time to dry down to it's grassy, fresh scent. Describing perfumes is definitely not my strong point but TRY THIS, I urge you. The signature scent of the Stylist Beauty Editor, Sam, I am definitely guilty of stealing a few sprays when she is out of the office (forgive me). A pricey perfume for sure, but so worth it especially considering it's amazing longevity.  

I love a bold lip, but I hate the maintenance that comes with it. 'Do I have lipstick on my teeth?' 'Have I smudged it all?' 'Do I need to re-apply it?' You know the drill as do, to their annoyance, your friends. But no more. Enter these little beauties. They are applied like a lip gloss so they're super easy and then dry to a matte finish. And boy are they long lasting; they seriously stick around all day and will not budge. I've been raving about these to my friends because they're an absolute make-up essential. Buy them. Now. 


Oh, Charlotte, Queen of the Contour. Her AW14 at Joseph was one of my favourites for it's glowy, superluxe look and I actually even met her (she was so lovely). But I digress. Everything about this sculpt and highlight palette is gorgeous; from the rose gold casing to the creamy, pigmented products. The bronzer has a slight shimmer to it but it still makes for a perfect contour which can be worn light or built up for a more striking look, whilst the highlighter is a a dreamy pearlescent tone. No chunky glitter here. Again, a pricey piece but it's brilliant quality, the duo is very travel friendly and it will last a long time. Give it a go if you can afford to splash out. 


4. Superliner Perfect Slim in Green, £6.99, L'Oreal Paris
I'm not one to wear colour on my eyes. I stick to my neutral smoky eyes, and I'm fine with that. The thing is, I've changed and it's all down to this eyeliner. Before, I would have shunned an emerald green shade eyeliner such as this but it's actually beautiful. I have blue eyes and the green compliments them really well. The shade is green enough to be noticeable, but not so much as to draw startled looks. A real winner for me; I've been wearing this in place of classic black for a more summery take on a winged eye.
(p.s. This is due to launch this month - I can't find this online yet but keep an eye out for it)



So, I'm extremely late to this (concealed themed) party but it's always better late than never, isn't it? Regardless, I finally got the chance to try out the renowned Touche Eclat, and I wasn't disappointed. Not least of all because this version comes in an animal print tube, winner. As someone who suffers from dark under-eye circles, this is the ideal cover-up. Creamy and easy to blend, there's no cakeyness and it leaves the area brighter and your eyes wider. Don't ever leave me.


So those are my 'top 5' - don't get me wrong, there are so many other products I could have included, but don't worry, I'm just getting started.

What do you think of my choices? Have you tried any of them?

Chem x

(Please excuse the questionable quality of some of the pictures; these are all taken on my iPhone so tried to make them as good as possible!)

No comments:

Post a Comment