Sunday 2 March 2014

Heat Work Experience: Take 2

As I mentioned in my (now long ago) 'Take 1' post, there was a 2nd part to come... I'm sure you're all sick of me apologising for my lack of posts so I'll spare you that but posting more frequently is something that I really need to work on. I'll make it a personal challenge...

Anyway, after my amazing week at Heat, I begrudgingly left, went back to the real work and waited for the depression of not actually working there to set in. Needless to say, being back home in my sleepy village was somewhat of a comedown after the hustle and bustle of the capital. Monday I was preparing to return to my (now extremely dull in comparison) receptionist work whilst I waited to hear back about my other work experience applications. However, to my immense surprise Hannah (the Junior Style Writer at Heat) got in touch asking if I could come back in to do a second week straight away as another applicant had dropped out.

I'm sure you can imagine my reaction, but if you can't, think Christmas, Birthday and end of exams combined and you might just get it. I hadn't even unpacked my bag from the previous week so havoc ensued in the form of mass clothes washing and hasty organising and finally I was, once again, on my way to London. By 11pm I was tucked up in my London-based room (I don't think she'd realised how soon I'd be back when she said "you're welcome back anytime!") ready and excited for my 2nd week at Heat.

The 2nd week was very much like the first (which you can read about here) except, well, better simply because I felt a lot more relaxed as I already (very loosely) knew the ropes.

Despite my rushed departure to London, I pulled a few new outfits together (obviously I couldn't be seen in the same outfits so soon after) and here are the results... (NB: I was there Tuesday - Friday hence the 4 day rather than 5 run down)

Day 1: Shift Dress

Dress: Urban Outfitters (old - I wore it in this post. Similar [kinda] here) // Poloneck: H&M (old) // Boots: Schuh (I have worn these to death & now they're half price - grab 'em!)


Day 2: Monochrome & Check

Coat: Charity Shop // Shirt: H&M (old) // Black Jeans: Topshop Leigh // Boots: Schuh


Day 3: Desert Boots

Jumper: H&M (old) // Jeans: Topshop Joni (you can see them in this post) // Desert Boots: Zara (old - similar) // Bag: Topshop (old)


Day 4: Denim Dress

Coat: New Look (old) // Topshop (similar) // Boots: Schuh // Bag: Topshop (old)


I know the picture quality is extremely poor and my surroundings are hardly idyllic but I hope you can get an idea of the outfits. Like before, I kept it smart/casual but comfortable.

I hope you've found these posts helpful - I know that when I found out I had work experience, I was trawling through blogs trying to get some inspiration. Although a lot of these clothes are no longer available, I hope these posts might inspire you in some way or another; I know I love to see what other people are wearing.

What do you think of my 2nd week choices? Have you done any magazine work experience?

Chem x






No comments:

Post a Comment