Friday 23 August 2013

OOTD: Urban Outfitters' Shift Dress

Can I just start off by saying that I bloody love this dress. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it, I took it home and we've lived happily ever since. There were second dates with this little number.

It's your classic shift dress, simple and chic. It falls really nicely, skimming over most of the lumps and bumps, and the pattern is gorgeous. It's super comfy and soft, and although it wasn't cheap (£42) I've worn it to death already and I've only had it for a couple of months. Teamed with tights and a white collared shirt underneath, it'll even see me through winter.

This dress also comes in a navy colour with a daisy design on it, which I stupidly didn't buy when I saw it, but I'm desperately trying to get my hands on as we speak. I literally want this dress in every colour!


I teamed it with a pair of black leather boots with gold detailing. They're basically a rip-off of the Chloé ankle boots that everyone wanted to get their hands on last year! I nabbed these in New Look sale earlier this year for...wait for it... £5. Yes, you read that right AND they're real leather. They're actually a size 3 (I'm usually a 4) but I made them fit and they're actually not too bad.


The jacket is also a New Look sale find. It's a parka style jacket, but really light-weight and thin. A perfect summer jacket.

I did my hair in a half-up/half-down style in a classic 90's tribute. I'm actually really enjoying wearing my hair like this at the moment; it keeps it out of my face but it's more exciting that a ponytail.


You can find this dress on the Urban Outfitters website.

What do you think of the dress? Are you a fan of shift dresses?

Chem x

p.s. Next door's cat wanted in on the photoshoot so naturally I obliged - isn't he cute?!

2 comments: