Sunday 4 August 2013

Clothing Crush: Flatform Sandals

So you could say that I'm a bit late to the party re. flatforms, but you'll have to forgive me. Albeit not being to everyone's taste, flatforms showed their practical-yet-stylish face about 2 years ago, and have continued to loiter in our shops ever since.  

I've only recently ventured into the sphere of flatforms in the form of your classic white plimsoll (a bargain from eBay which you can find here) but after seeing a colleague rocking a particularly delectable pair of flatform sandals (the Topshop 'Woohoo') my head has been filled with images of these little beauties.

With that in mind I thought I'd show you my favourite pairs which are out there at the moment...


1. 'Pink Ties' from & Other Stories £23 - These are actually in the sale and have sadly sold out of my size but they have most other sizes. I just thought they were too pretty not too include - the fabric ankle ties are such a nice touch and so different to anything else I've come across.

2. 'Red' from & Other Stories £45 - Perhaps not strictly 'flatforms' but as good as. I really like the bright colour and the plastic strap across the toes give them a slight twist.

3. 'Monochrome' from Zara £19.99 - I love the chunky-ness (?!) of these shoes and the monochrome colour scheme. The white stripe really makes them stand out and I think they'd be perfect for day wear or a night out. What's even better is that they are such a bargain and they'd look so good in my wardrobe...

4. 'Sparkle' from Zara £59.99 - These are the priciest of the lot but I think the glitter is so pretty! I love the nude tones and they'd look great on the end of some bronzed limbs. Gorgeous.

5. 'Raffia' from Topshop £45.00 - These are really versatile and I really like the contrast of the raffia and leather.

6. 'All Black' from Topshop £40.00 - Your classic black flatform, perfect for any outfit and any occassion. Out of all of them, you'd probably get the most wear out of these. I love their simplicity.

In a nutshell, flatforms can be worn with, well... anything! They will give a cute summer dress a slight edge, dress-up a pair of skinny jeans and a slouchy top, or even look great on a night out. With the weather taking a slight U-turn at the moment (read: wind and rain), I'm reluctant to purchase any of these beauties but if a pair happens to fall into my hands I'll be sure to show you some outfits with them.

What are you thoughts on flatforms? Which pair is your favourite?

Chem x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, I want them all! I actually just managed to nab number 5 in the sale so I'm pretty pleased! x

      Delete