Saturday 6 October 2012

First things first...

So here goes, my first blog post ever, deep breath.

Starting a blog is something that I've been meaning to do for a while, and after much debate over template and background designs, I have finally arrived at the point at which I must write! I've always struggled with the first bit of writing, be it with an essay or a poignant card but I've discovered that the best thing to do is, surprise surprise, just write!

It seems fitting to introduce myself first, the person whose ramblings you will be perusing. I'm Chem, pronounced Sh-em; not K-em or CH-em. I mean you don't say Karlotte, do you? Understandably it may take a moment or two to get ones head around it, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. The first time is always the hardest, I promise. In case you're wondering, my full name is Charlotte and my middle name is Emily, so I've been known as Chem/Chemmie since I was tiny. Hopefully the title of my blog  makes more sense now as well (it rhymes y'see, do you get it?...There we go.)

Anyway, I think that's enough about the pronunciation and origins of my name.

Welcome to my blog, a place where I will be spilling my mutterings and mumbles on any number of topics. I'm a 21 year old student in my final year at University studying History. Amongst other things, I'm interested in literature, fashion, beauty and photography, and eventually I'd like to be part of the world of writing and journalism. How I will endeavor to do this is a work in progress, but I thought a blog would be the perfect way to start the journey. I hope you'll join me for the ride!

Chem x

No comments:

Post a Comment