Sunday 6 October 2013

OOTN: Feeling Blue

As you might have guessed by the title, this outfit is completely blue. Conveniently, colour blocking is still all of the range and I think the monochromatic blues (yep, I googled it!) really work.  

I saw Rosie from The Londoner wearing a similar blue cotton shirt with blue denim jeans and I decided I needed one in my life ASAP. I unexpectedly came across this gem in GAP, and with a 30% off discount code I knew it was pretty much fate.

The jeans are also a recent addition to my wardrobe- they are the Topshop 'Joni' Jean in 'Dark Vintage'. I purchased a black pair a while back (as shown in this post) but I ended up taking them back because the white seam was just too annoying. This pair, however, I really do love. I don't know whether they've changed the fabric but these are so much nicer. They're a stretchy denim, just like the Leigh jeans, which make them super comfy as well as being super sucky-in which is always a bonus. Definitely try before you buy because the stretch of the fabric means you can (in my experience) size down and reduce the potential for the dreaded saggy-bottom-look. They are also full length but I rolled them up.



I finished the outfit off with two pieces from my graduation outfit (which I spoke about here); the bag and the heels because I thought they went well with the colour scheme of the outfit. This is more of a dinner type outfit because of the heels, but I've worn it in the day and subbed in Converse high tops and an over the shoulder bag for a more casual look. I'm so pleased with the shirt and the jeans - they're both so versatile. I also decided to whack on some orange lippy to set the blue off. I'm wearing Revlon's ColorBurst Lipbutter in 'Tutti Frutti' which is great for a wash of orange but I've got my eye on something brighter for next time; I'm talking MAC's 'Morange'.

Shirt: Gap
Jeans: Topshop
Shoes: Office

What do you think of colour blocking? Have you tried the Joni jeans?

Chem x

3 comments:

  1. And these skinny jeans (truly) fits you like an über sexy & casual glove I must add Dear ! "Like a pretty BombnextDoor" ;)
    à Bientôt, Antoine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ummed and ahhed about the jonis cause on the website there are so many reviews about them becoming baggy after a couple of wears which I cannoot stand.. but from the sounds of things theyve taken on the advice! Maybe I'll have to get some..! You look fab and your hair looks dreaaaaamy XX

    myuniyears.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been fine for me so far - get the smallest size you can because they're super stretchy! I'd definitely recommend them :) Thanks so much & thanks for checking out my blog! x

      Delete